Fish Orient

Fish Orient
Encaustic & Image Transfer

Pages

Monday, July 4, 2011

Encaustic ATC's

I have been making a series of encaustic atc's or artist trading cards. Using small canvas boards to work on, I have also used jumbo playing cards. Its great for experimenting and trying new ideas.
I have been playing around with orange solved papers,rusting papers,burning paper,bleeding tissue papers and all that kind of thing.Then combining that with some image transfer. layering colour and text as well.
The boards are gesso coated but as I am using lots of paper to cover that it seems to work out okay and they are only usually give aways so I dont worry too much about the archival qualities of them so much.





5 comments:

  1. These are all wonderful, Mo. You are such a bold spirit when it comes to your art. It's inspiring.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love these, Mo! What a great idea for trying out different techniques.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Brilliant encaustic artwork. I can see how much fun you have with this technique and with experimenting.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like this idea Mo! Now I know what to do with my collection of small board canvasses.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Can you discuss your technique on the 3rd and 4th images from the top down? The colors are wonderful and it appears you did some drawing with ink as well?
    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete